Tutorial for Picking a Roster
You pick five (5) pitchers who you think will throw the most strikeouts and give up the fewest home runs; you pick ten (10) hitters you think will hit the most home runs and strikeout the fewest times. If you aren’t creeped out or offended by the thought of it, you also pick five living Hall-of-Famers you believe might not be alive by the beginning of next season.
Picking Pitchers and Hitters
To pick pitchers and hitters:
- Review how points are scored here.
- Review last year’s performance. For hitters go here. For pitchers go here. Remember, for hitters you want a high home run : low strikeout ratio. For pitchers you want a high strikeout : low home run ratio.
- Come up with an initial roster of five pitchers and ten hitters, then check to see if any of them are currently injured. For current injuries go here.
- Adjust your roster as needed.
Picking Hall-of-Famers (Optional)
This one is a bit easier — or perhaps queasier, depending on your perspective. If you are game to bet on the eventual deaths of Hall-of-Famers, pick five Hall-of-Famers:
- Review the Hall-of-Fame Death Pool rules here.
- Review the list of living Hall-of-Famers here.
- Select five, roulette-style. So, select five HOFers. Or, select one HOFer five times. Or, select one four times and another one once. Or, select one three times and another two times. Or, select one three times and two others once. Any combination of five is what we are looking for here.
Ready to Submit Your Roster?
When you are ready to submit your roster, use his form. Then, pay using this form.