2020 SLPL+ RulesRead below to learn the rules of the 2020 SLPL+ season.
- Ownership fees are $25. You won’t spend another cent during the entire season.
Roster & Points
You pick a streamlined roster. Here's what it will look like and how you will earn points:
- One (1) MLB Team - You earn a point for every WIN your selected team puts in the W column. (Note: Your team can’t be a Division winner from 2019.)
- Two (2) Hitters - You earn a point for every home run your selected hitters hit.
- Two (2) Pitchers - You earn a point for every strikeout our selected pitchers throw.
- And that’s your entire roster.
Champs and Payouts
- We will crown fewer champs and distribute fewer payouts.
- Hitting Champ: Most HRs hit during the regular season and playoffs by the two hitters on a roster will be crowned.
- Pitching Champ: Most Ks thrown during the regular season and playoffs by the two pitchers on a roster will be crowned.
- MLB Team Champ: Most wins will be crowned.
- Overall Champ: Most combined points scored, total — for Hitting HRs, Pitching Ks, and MLB Team wins — will be crowned. (This champ will not be eligible to win monies for other categories, which will be awarded to the next deserving team(s).)
- Ties will split payouts in each of the four categories. There is no Magic Number.
- We are not deducting points for anything. Your hitters can strike out 100 times and hit ten home runs; that will count as ten points. We told you we were keeping things positive.
- Playoff points earned — i.e., playoff HRs, Ks, and Wins — are included in all point totals for the purposes of awarding winners.
- There will be no trades. You get who you pick for the entire season, including playoffs.
- There will be no Hall of Fame Death Pool this year. Given everything else that’s going on, a death pool would feel like we are piling on. Remember, we’re keeping this positive.
Rosters are due a week from this Friday, on July 31. Ownership fees are due the Friday after that, on August 7.
Submit your roster using this fancy-fancy form.