The 2021 Season Is Eight Days Away!
The 2021 Santa Lechuga Power League season — the epic final season — begins in nine days ! We hope that your offseason was memorable, that your family is well, and that you missed us enough to want to join the 2021 season. And if you didn’t miss us that much, we understand, but since this is the epic final season you will have lots of time to miss us in the future.
As mentioned in Commissioner Rube Furrow's recent announcement, there are a few changes this year. This season will be most like our first season of the modern era, way back in 2000, in that it will be over when the Regular Season is over. Which means, no sideshows like All Stars or Playoffs. Our Regular Season Champ will be our Overall Champ. And that will be that.
Summarizing how the year will run:
- The entry fee is $100, which must be paid in full up front. This covers your ownership fees ($20) and your first eight trades at $10 per ($80). If you don’t use a trade, you lose it; there will be no refunds.
- If you pay your entry fee of $100 before the first pitch on Opening Day, April 1, 2021, you will earn two free trades.
- If you don't pay your $100 entry fee before the season begins, you will have until April 14, 2021 to pay it. If we haven't received full payment from you by then, you will be deleted from the league. Divisions will be created after owner deletions have been made.
- For every new owner you recruit into the league, up to three, you will earn a free trade.
- After you have made all paid and free trades due to you, you can make an unlimited amount of trades, though each will cost you $10.
- Trades go into effect on the day after you submit the trade or the day after we receive payment, whichever is latest.
- There will be no Hall-of-Fame Death Pool.
One last thing: Here's how points will be awarded for our Epic Final Season:
- If your hitter hits a home run, he will earn 1000 points
- If your hitter strikes out, he will lose 100 points
- If your pitcher throws a K, he will earn 100 points
- If your pitcher gives up a home run, he will lose 500 points
We told you this was epic. Everything's proportional to previous seasons, but it just FEELS bigger when the points are multiplied like that, amirite?
Here are some key links:
As always, we're always an email away if you have questions or comments.
We hope you can join us again for a nifty EPIC FINAL SEASON of our dopey little fantasy baseball league.
And you folks who have been off the radar for a while: Come join us again. We’d love to have you back. Remember, you’ll have plenty of time to miss us in the future.